Sir-Kristopher Clayton Marshall

1 AP
Left: Sir-Kristopher, circa 1977;
Right: Age-progression to age 37 (circa 2010)


Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

  • Missing Since: July 20, 1977 from Compton, California
  • Classification: Non-Family Abduction
  • Date Of Birth: September 11, 1973
  • Age: 3 years old
  • Height and Weight: 3'0, 37 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sir-Kristopher has a four-inch-long scar on his back, a scar above his right eyebrow and scar tissue on both of his feet and ankles. He has a very light complexion, and his hair is reddish-brown with a soft texture and loose curls. His nickname is Turkey Legs. Some accounts refer to him as Christopher Marshall or Sir-Kristopher Clay Marshall.
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description: A red and white striped t-shirt, brown jeans, a brown belt and blue sneakers.
  • Bar

    Details of Disappearance

    Sir-Kristopher lived in the 1400 block of Belnick Avenue in Carson, California at the time of his disappearance. He spent the night of July 20, 1977 at a friend's home in Compton, California. Earlene Williams and her children, Ivy Matory, Violet B. Matory, and Yolanda Marie Williams all lived inside the residence in the 300 block of east 131st Street. At 4:30 a.m., the house caught fire and burned to the ground. Earlene's body was found inside near the front door; she had been strangled. The children were not in the residence, though. There was a trail of blood leading from the house down an alley, where it stopped. The bleeding person apparently got into a car there. Authorities determined the fire erupted in the room where all the children slept.

    Earlene was estranged from her husband, James Williams, at the time of her death. He is Yolanda's father. They separated after James was charged with child molestation and rape in connection with a 1976 attack on Ivy. He was questioned and released the day after the fire, but arrested for murder the next day when the autopsy results proved Earlene had been a homicide victim.

    James was allegedly seen with Yolanda, Sir-Kristopher, Ivy and Violet at a Denny's restaurant in Grapevine, California at 5:30 a.m. on July 21, the day after their house burned down. He was picked up by friends in Riverside, California later that day, without the children. When first questioned, James said he'd been driving to Bakersfield, California at the time of the fire, but his car broke down and he had to spend the night in it. One of his hands had a bad cut at the time of his arrest; he said he'd injured it trying to repair his car.

    In August 1977, James was additionally charged with murdering the four missing children. Authorities stated it's possible they witnessed his assault on Ivy and he took them them for that reason. He was later convicted of Earlene's murder, but the outcome of the children's homicide cases are unknown. James is now deceased. The children have never been located.


    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office


    Source Information
    The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    California Attorney General's Office
    For the Lost
    The Long Beach Independent


    Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004.

    Last updated September 24, 2011; middle name corrected.

    Charley Project Home